"Our goal is a child who: accepts their strengths without pride, their weaknesses without despair, recognizes society with an insight as to the role they will play, has an independent intellect, exercising self-disciplined will and judgement, illuminated by imagination and enthusiasm, unperverted by prejudice, undistorted by fear."
-Dr Maria Montessori
- kidstalknews.com: Kids Talk is a column dealing with childhood development issues written by Maren Stark Schmidt. Mrs. Schmidt founded a Montessori school and holds a Masters of Education from Loyola College in Maryland.
The following is a list of recommended reading put together by past CoMP South president, Mindi Finch.
- The Secret Of Childhood ~ Maria Montessori
- The Absorbent Mind ~ Maria Montessori
- Discovery of the Child ~ Maria Montessori
- Montessori Today ~ Paula Polk Lillard
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years ~ Elizabeth G. Hainstock
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years ~ Elizabeth G. Hainstock
- The Montessori Method ~ Maria Montessori